The above quote is by Hippocrates. As you read the following, please keep his words in mind as well as forgetting everything you’ve heard or have read about diet/nutrition. Basically, keep an open mind.
In connection to my previous three posts on obesity/weight, I want to bring the Metabolic Typing® approach to your attention.
Has This Ever Happened to You?
- You want to lose weight, so you try your best friend’s diet. She loses 35 pounds quickly, but you can’t seem to shed an ounce.
- Your friend, the vegetarian, thrives on pasta and vegetables and has boundless energy. But when you imitate his diet, your energy plummets, and you can hardly drag yourself out of bed.
- You eat all the best foods, take only the finest quality supplements, you exercise and lead a healthy lifestyle. Yet you still don’t feel well.
- You believe in nutrition, but you’ve given up on it. It’s impossible to make sense of the confusing and contradictory information flooding the market.
Metabolic Typing® helps to put an end to the confusion about what diet is right for you.
You are actually very different, biochemically speaking, from every other person—your body’s biochemical makeup is as unique as your fingerprints.
For genetic reasons, we all vary in the way that our bodies process foods and utilize nutrients. Throughout man’s evolutionary history, people all over the world have been forced to adapt to widely varying environmental circumstances, including very different climates and food supplies.
As an example, the traditional Inuit thrive on very large quantities of meat and fat, while people born in the tropics stay healthy eating fruits and grains and other light vegetarian fare. Do you know your unique nutritional needs?
Over the last few decades, there has been an extraordinary nutrition revolution in the U.S. Yet at this time, the health of Americans has greatly declined. Obesity, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, asthma, heart disease, digestive maladies, chronic fatigue—all these problems have reached epidemic proportions.
From the Metabolic Typing® perspective, our poor health is, in part, a result of serious dietary deficiencies and imbalances. Dietary solutions need to be tailored to individuals, because what works for one person may have no effect on another person, and may, in fact, make a third person worse (see Hippocrates’s quote).
Could this be the one of the reasons why your diet attempts have failed you? Also, please remember, the diet industry is a multi-billion dollar a year business—could they want and need you to fail?
Through Metabolic Typing® you can discover your own highly-individualized dietary needs. With this approach, you’ll know how to select just the right “body fuel:” foods, food combinations, and nutrients that will enable your body to function at peak efficiency. Through Metabolic Typing® you may:
- End dieting, counting calories, punishing exercise, and/or deprivation to achieve permanent fat loss.
- Lose weight without restricting calories.
- End the cravings for junk food, sugar, and processed food.
- Eat foods that convert into energy instead of being stored as fat.
- Let go of dieting forever to rediscover how to enjoy your food and end your guilt.
- Freedom from food cravings.
- Determine your unique dietary needs and examine your relationship with food.
- Personalized eating plans that provide an escape from crazed dieting.
- Eliminate mood swings, lose body fat, have mental clarity, and energy throughout the day.
If you would like information on Metabolic Typing®, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
While we emphasize an integrated, personalized approach to health, fitness, & lifestyle, My Body Physics’ programs are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, manage, or cure any disease/condition. We strongly recommend you consult with your physician or healthcare professional before beginning any exercise and/or health/wellness program.