In “Could Your Healthy Diet Make Me Fat?,” David S. Ludwig writes about an Israeli personalized nutrition study that “. . . suggested that dieters may be mistakenly eating a lot of some foods, like tomatoes, that are good for most people, but bad for them. And it raises the possibility that an individualized approach to nutrition could eventually supplant national guidelines meant for the entire public.”
He also refers to one headline stating “this diet study upends everything we thought we knew about ‘healthy’ food.”
Ludwig ends his piece by saying,
“Despite the hype, personalized nutrition is not ready for practical application in the clinic. But this exciting field of research may help explain why people respond so differently to diet based on biology. In this way, personalized nutrition may build upon, rather than substitute for, national dietary guidelines, providing a common ground for all sides in the ‘diet war’ to declare a truce.”
A personalized nutrition approach is already in place. I was glad to read Ludwig’s opinion, because for the last nine plus years, I have been an Advanced Metabolic Typing® Advisor, and Metabolic Typing® has been around for over 37 years.
Simply put, did you know you are actually very different, biochemically speaking, from every other person who ever was or ever will be? It’s true. Your body’s biochemical makeup is as unique as your fingerprints!
For genetic reasons, we’re all very different in the way that our bodies process foods and utilize nutrients. Throughout man’s evolutionary history, people all over the world have been forced to adapt to widely varying environmental circumstances, including very different climates and food supplies.
As an example, traditional Inuit thrive on very large quantities of meat and fat, while people born in the tropics stay healthy eating fruits and grains and other light vegetarian fare. Do you know your unique genetically based nutritional needs?
Keeping the above in mind, think about the following situations you may have found yourself in:
- You want to lose weight, so you try your best friend’s diet. She loses 35 pounds quickly, but you can’t seem to shed an ounce.
- Your friend, the vegetarian, thrives on pasta and vegetables and has boundless energy. But when you imitate his diet, your energy plummets, and you can hardly drag yourself out of bed.
- You eat all the best foods, take only the finest quality supplements, you exercise and lead a healthy lifestyle. Yet you still don’t feel well.
- You believe in nutrition, but you’ve given up on it. It’s impossible to make sense of the confusing and contradictory information flooding the market.
Once you identify your metabolic type, you’ll know how to select just the right “body fuel:” foods, food combinations, and nutrients that will enable your body to function at peak efficiency. Through this approach, you also may:
- Optimize your physical energy and your mental clarity.
- Lose weight naturally and maintain your ideal weight.
- Strengthen your immunity.
- Slow down the aging process.
- Enhance athletic performance.
- Overcome mood swings and depression.
With Metabolic Typing®, you can put an end to the confusion about what diet is right for you. If you’re interested in learning more about Metabolic Typing®, please contact us through our website My Body Physics. LLC. Thank you.